Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Ken Knapp Ford is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of out premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the information regarding the disruption will be posted on all websites. Ken Knapp Ford will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all entrance doors to all building at Ken Knapp Ford.
Ken Knapp Ford will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained; sales, service, parts, administration, clean-up and all managers.
The training will be provided to staff at hiring as a briefing and trained after 90 days. Training will include:
* An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
* Ken Knapp Fordâ€™s plan related to the customer service standard.
* How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
* How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
* How to use the automatic door button and ramp for wheelchair accessibility and computer interaction.
* What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ken Knapp Fordâ€™s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ken Knapp Ford provides goods and services to people with disabilities can enter comments on websites (facebook and dealership website) and/or verbally to any employee.
All feedback will be directed to Dealer Principal.
Customers can expect to hear back in 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organizationâ€™s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Ken Knapp Ford that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.