Article by CAA Quebec
Fuel is expensive! You may be spending thousands of dollars a year on gas. And unfortunately, there’s no relief in sight. Not to worry though: There are a few simple tricks you can do to save a little (or a lot!). Follow them consistently and you could seriously save hundreds of dollars a year.
Become an eco driver
- Accelerate gently. Revving your engine wastes a lot of gas. The ideal rate of acceleration is 20 km/h every 5 seconds.
- Slow down. Driving at 100 km/h instead of 120 km/h consumes 20% less fuel.
- Drive at a steady speed. Acceleration burns a lot of fuel, even at higher speeds. For instance, fluctuating between 75 km/h and 85 km/h every 18 seconds can lead to a 20% increase in fuel consumption. We recommend using cruise control on the highway.
- Go easy on the pedals. Abrupt starts and hard braking reduce travel time by only 4% but increase fuel consumption by 39% (source: Natural Resources Canada).
- Keep your distance. Leave enough distance between you and the vehicle in front of you so you don’t have to react suddenly. This also helps you avoid braking and accelerating for no reason.
Read more from CAA Quebec, HERE
Easy Related Posts
NEW FORD ESCAPE WITH ADVANCED HYBRID ENGINES AND A SPORTY ST-LINE IS MORE STYLISH AND SMARTER THAN EVER
New athletically styled Escape ST-Line features upscale interior design, black mesh grille, unique rear skid ...read more
ALL-NEW FORD F-SERIES SUPER DUTY IS BUILT LIKE NEVER BEFORE WITH NEXT-LEVEL CAPABILITY, CONNECTIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY
Next-generation 2023 Ford F-Series Super Duty takes Ford’s trusted heavy-duty truck to the next level ...read more
FAQ on Credit challenges when purchasing a vehicle
Worried about credit? Don't be! Matt answers some frequently asked questions about credit challenges and ...read more
CANADIANS MAKE FORD THE TOP-SELLING AUTO BRAND FOR THE 13TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. – 2021 Full Year-Over-Year Highlights: FordFord is the best-selling ...read more