Posts Tagged ‘essex’
- Coming first to 2021 F-150 and the all-electric Mustang Mach-E as part of available Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology, Active Drive Assist allows for hands-free driving on prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands-Free Zones that make up over 100,000 miles of North American roads
- Ford developed available Active Drive Assist based on advanced computing of camera and radar sensing technologies to provide real-time hands-free driving opportunities and enable the addition of more such zones in the future
- Ford is advancing the technology with state-of-the-art innovations and promoting its more mainstream adoption by making it standard or a relatively affordable option for certain F-150 pickups and Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUVs; expected first year sales of 100,000 vehicles with the technology hardware
- The technology will become available in the third quarter of 2021 via Over-the-Air Update, demonstrating Ford’s bumper-to-bumper OTA capability for complex innovations to help improve vehicles over time and keep customers at the forefront of technology
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 30, 2020 – Henry Ford helped millions of people lay hands on their first automobiles beginning more than 117 years ago. Today, his company is helping many more people take their hands off steering wheels by applying the same approach to democratizing technology to Ford’s state-of-the-art Active Drive Assist hands-free driver assist innovation.
Ford developed Active Drive Assist based on advanced computing of camera and radar sensing technologies to provide real-time hands-free driving opportunities. The technology also enables expanded hands-free driving zones in the future based on system and customer patterns.
The advanced new driver assist feature will arrive first on 2021 F-150 and 2021 Mustang Mach-E, included as standard on certain models or as relatively affordable option on others, with both vehicles becoming available to customers in late 2020. Ford expects to sell more than 100,000 F-150 and Mustang Mach-E equipped with Active Drive Assist technology hardware in their first year of alone based on company sales and take-rate projections.
“As breakthroughs in new technology allow us to help reduce the stress of long highway drives, it’s important to make sure these capabilities can be enjoyed by the largest spread of people possible,” said Hau Thai-Tang, chief product platform and operations officer, Ford Motor Company. “Active Drive Assist can help improve the driving experience while ensuring people remain aware and fully in control, all for a price unmatched by our competitors – a commitment to affordable innovations that has driven us since Henry Ford put the world on wheels.”
High tech priced right
When Active Drive Assist is not equipped as standard, it will be priced competitively, including:
- For F-150, Active Drive Assist will be available as a part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package for $1,595. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package is standard on F-150 Limited and available as an option on Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models.
- For Mustang Mach-E, it will come standard on CA Route 1, Premium and First Edition variants. It’s an available package on the Select trim for $3,200 as part of the larger Comfort and Technology package, which includes features such as a 360-degree camera, heated front seats and heated steering wheel.
For customers purchasing F-150 and Mustang Mach-E at this year’s launch, the hardware enabling Active Drive Assist – including forward-facing camera and radar sensors – will be available through the Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package, while customers choosing to purchase the software for $600 will receive it through an Over-the-Air Update in the third quarter of next year.
Over-the-Air Updates are quick and easy wireless upgrades that can help enhance quality, capability and improve the ownership experience over time while reducing dealer trips. This will be an early demonstration of the Ford system’s bumper-to-bumper update capability to wirelessly update nearly all vehicle computer models, enabling the addition of this type of complex innovations that require software upgrades to vehicle functions.
For example, early F-150 customers can purchase the prep package that includes the Active Drive Assist hardware and Active Park Assist 2.0 even more affordably for $895, which includes a $100 early adopter incentive. When Active Drive Assist is ready to launch with software updates, customers will then be able to purchase the software – plus a three-year service period – for $600 and receive it via Over-the-Air Update.
In the second half of 2021, new customers will be able to purchase the hardware and software together in the Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0 package, without the need for an Over-the-Air Update to initiate the feature.
By offering innovative new technology on its most popular, mainstream nameplates, Ford expects to quickly expand the number of vehicles on the road equipped with hands-free driving technology based on company sales projections. This includes a high percentage of Mustang Mach-E vehicles that are expected to be equipped with the technology.
Ford plans to continue adding mapped areas to Active Drive Assist in the future, enabling hands-free driving on even more roads and highways. After a three-year service period, customers can choose to purchase this competitively priced connected service to continue enjoying Active Drive Assist and receive new improvements via Over-the-Air Update.
How it works
Available Active Drive Assist builds upon available Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition. It allows you to operate your vehicle hands-free while the driver is monitored by a driver-facing camera to make sure you’re keeping your eyes on the road, with the potential for more enhancements in the future. This feature is available on prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands-Free Zones that make up over 100,000 miles of North American roads.
An advanced driver-facing camera will track eye gaze and head position to ensure drivers are paying attention to the road while in Hands-Free Mode as well as when they’re using hands-on Lane Centering Mode, which works on any road with lane lines. Drivers will be notified by visual prompts on their instrument cluster when they need to return their attention to the road or resume control of the vehicle.
As part of the available Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 package, customers will also receive Active Park Assist 2.0, the latest iteration of park-assist technologies to give drivers some peace of mind when parking their F-150 or Mustang Mach-E. With Active Park Assist 2.0, simply holding a button will allow the vehicle to take control of parking in parallel and perpendicular spaces with ease. It also offers Park Out Assist with side-sensing capability so drivers can confidently navigate out of a parking spot when someone’s parked too close.
*Active Drive Assist is a hands-free highway driving feature. The Active Drive Assist Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Software for the feature will be available for purchase at a later date.
*Active Drive Assist functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY. Separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time.
- Ford of Canada hourly employees ratify a three-year, globally competitive labour agreement
- New agreement includes a C$1.8-billion investment to build new battery electric vehicles at Oakville Assembly Complex
- Operational improvements in the agreement will maximize production flexibility
- Hourly employees receive wage increases, bonuses and other benefits
OAKVILLE, Ont., Sept. 28, 2020 – Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited and Unifor have reached a new globally competitive national labour agreement establishing Ford as the first automotive manufacturer in Canada to build fully battery electric vehicles (BEVs) as part of a C$1.8-billion investment.
Based on the collective agreement ratified by employees today, Ford is committing to transform its Oakville Assembly Complex from an internal combustion engine (ICE) site to also become a BEV manufacturing facility, starting in 2024, as well as introducing a new engine program at its Windsor operations.
Employees have also voted in favour of the three-year agreement that enable several operational improvements to increase the efficiency of Ford’s Canadian facilities, including:
- Competitive alternative work schedules to maximize production flexibility
- Enhanced temporary employee program
Ford of Canada’s hourly employees also receive a number of benefits, including:
- 2.5% wage increase twice over the life of the agreement
- C$7,250 ratification bonus for full-time permanent employees and $500 for temporary employees
- Reduced grow-in period for new hires from 11 years to eight years
“Working collaboratively with Unifor, and as discussions continue with both the federal and provincial governments, this agreement is an important step toward building a stronger future for our employees, our customers and our communities,” said Dean Stoneley, president and CEO, Ford of Canada. “By introducing battery electric vehicle production at Oakville Assembly Complex, we are cementing our Canadian operations as a leader in advanced automotive manufacturing.”
- Ford and INRIX are teaming up to help customers find cheaper options for fuel prices and that elusive open parking spot
- These services will be available in Ford vehicles globally equipped with SYNC 4, starting with the all-new Mustang Mach-E, Bronco two- and four-door models, and F-150
- INRIX enables Ford drivers to find, compare and drive to parking all from the SYNC screen, with real-time parking service in nearly 20,000 cities in 150 countries
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2020 – As people around the world start driving more again, Ford and INRIX will soon help them find cheaper options for fuel prices and that elusive open parking spot.
INRIX, Inc., a leading provider of connected car services and transportation analytics, today announced that its parking and fuel services will be soon available in Ford vehicles around the world. Available in the all new SYNC 4 connected vehicle system with navigation, drivers will be able to easily find, compare and navigate to available parking spaces, as well as search for the lowest fuel prices and drive to stations nearby.
Starting with the all-electric Mustang Mach-E, Bronco two- and four-door models and all-new F-150, new SYNC 4 real-time connectivity ensures drivers have the latest available traffic, incident, parking, charging and fuel information. SYNC 4 technology also combines conversational voice recognition with internet search, so drivers and passengers always have access to the latest information – from the closest parking spot to the cheapest gas station nearby.
“Customers want connected vehicle technologies to work more like smartphones with real-time, personalized services – and that is exactly what SYNC 4 offers, including INRIX’s parking and fuel price innovations,” said Gary Jablonski, manager, Ford Connected Vehicle Infotainment Systems. “For example, many F-150 customers drive from job to job in new areas where we can help guide them to gas stations and parking spots closest to them, or perhaps a bit further if they are looking for cheaper options.”
INRIX launched the industry’s first dynamic off-street parking service in 2013, followed by the first integrated on-street parking solution in June 2015. SYNC 4 will soon provide users with routes to the closest street and garage spot, including rates, restrictions and real-time occupancy. INRIX Parking offers access to the world’s most comprehensive and accurate parking database in 150 countries.
“Since 2008, INRIX has played an important role bringing connected services to Ford SYNC drivers,” said Bryan Mistele, president and CEO of INRIX. “These services are no longer just a selling point but a requirement – real-time information like traffic, parking and fuel play a critical role in the entire driving experience.”
INRIX Fuel allows drivers to search for nearby stations and view dynamic pricing to find their preferred fuel at the lowest price. OPIS by IHS Markit powers the service, providing location, brand and real-time pricing information for more than 380,000 fuel stations around the world.
INRIX collects billions of anonymous data points every day from a diverse set of sources, including connected vehicles, cities, DOTs, road weather conditions, journalistic incidents, social media, parking, mobile and other IoT devices. With the ability to offer transportation services on every road in the world, INRIX is a leading provider of mobility intelligence for automakers, transit agencies and businesses.
- Ford Performance unveils new Ford GT Heritage Edition inspired by the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental, a stylish Frozen White with exposed carbon fiber and Race Red livery that pays homage to the 55th anniversary of the epic race where Ford achieved its first 24-hour endurance win
- Exclusive Ford GT Studio Collection offers even more exclusivity with unique and widely customizable design features in a limited-availability package for only 40 Ford GT supercars slated for production across the 2021 and 2022 model years
- New 2021 Ford GT Heritage Edition and Studio Collection are the pinnacle of Petersen Car Week, which started airing Wednesday on the Petersen Museum’s YouTube channel; highlights include several virtual events featuring 25 hours of original content from manufacturers and enthusiasts, plus automotive lifestyle and auction house activities
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 16, 2020 – The Ford GT is America’s only Le Mans-winning supercar, and taking this pinnacle of Ford Performance even further for 2021, Ford is revealing two new enhancements today – the first-ever Heritage Edition inspired by the original model’s first endurance win at the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental race, plus an all-new Studio Collection package offers even more exclusivity and design enhancements.
“For this Heritage Edition, the Ford Performance team went deeper into the Ford GT’s race history and crafted a limited-edition model that stylistically honors the 55th anniversary of the Daytona 24 Hour endurance race that would eventually lead to our successes at Le Mans,” said Mike Severson, Ford GT program manager. “Plus, for customers who want to highlight the carbon-fiber body and functional cooling ducts that help deliver Le Mans-winning performance, the Ford GT Studio Collection offers another new way GT fans can personalize their supercars.”
The announcement of two new variants of the Ford GT were the highlights at the conclusion of 2020 Petersen Car Week, which started airing Wednesday on the museum’s YouTube channel. The virtual event featured 25 hours of original content from manufacturers and enthusiasts, along with automotive lifestyle and auction house activities.
First-ever Daytona-inspired Ford GT Heritage Edition
The latest Heritage Edition to join the storied Ford GT supercar family is a tribute to the winner of the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental, where Ford achieved its first 24-hour endurance win, which is captured in the 2019 film “Ford v Ferrari” – or “Le Mans ’66,” as it is known in Europe.
Co-drivers Ken Miles and Lloyd Ruby led a 1-2-3-5 Ford domination at Daytona, kicking off a magical season for the Ford GT40 MK II, with additional 1-2-3 wins at Sebring and Le Mans. This Heritage Edition is the first to feature a livery famous for a race other than Le Mans.
“Miles and Ruby led nearly every lap of the 24-hour race and outpaced the competition by 30 miles,” said Severson. “The win was the first time anyone had threatened Ferrari’s dominance in sports car racing and represented a turning point in the Ford GT race program.”
Inspired by the bold white, black and red exterior of the 1966 endurance-winning Ford GT40 MK II race car, the new 2021 Ford GT Heritage Edition features Frozen White exterior paint with exposed carbon fiber hood adding stark contrast. Asymmetrical Race Red accents on the front fascia and roof edge, driver’s side door and underneath the rear wing add distinct visuals, while exposed carbon fiber shapes the signature 98 roundel graphics and speak to the supercar’s lightweight body. Unique Ford graphics on the lower rear-quarter panels plus one-piece Heritage Gold 20-inch forged-aluminum wheels paired with red lacquered Brembo monoblock brake calipers complete this new exterior livery.
Inside, the lightweight driver-centric interior features unique appointments including black Alcantara® suede wrapping the instrument panel, headliner and steering wheel rim, while anodized red paddle shifters and red Alcantara suede performance seats add dramatic contrast to the interior.
For customers looking for an even bolder look, an optional Heritage Upgrade Package includes 20-inch exposed carbon fiber wheels with a unique gloss red-painted inner accent barrel, while monoblock brake calipers are lacquered in black and detailed with Brembo lettering in red. Inside, ghosted 98 roundels provide a subtle contrast on both driver and passenger carbon fiber door panels of this this package.
All-new Ford GT Studio Collection
Ford Performance also pulled the wraps off an exclusive series new to the supercar lineup, the Ford GT Studio Collection. This all-new graphics package with customizable colors highlights key styling elements, including the functional cooling ducts that helps the 2021 Ford GT deliver all 660 horsepower during the most strenuous, high-temperature sessions at the track.
Its unique exterior graphics package was born of a design collaboration between Ford Performance and Ford GT manufacturer, Multimatic. It reflects the input of Garen Nicoghosian, Multimatic design head, who has worked on the Ford GT program since its genesis.
“The combination of the stripes and accents invokes the emotion of speed and draws your eye to some of the most prominent features of the GT,” said Nicoghosian. “The fuselage, buttresses and signature features on the headlights provide visual anchors for the graphics, guiding your eye across the vehicle.”
Only 40 cars are slated to receive the Studio Collection package across the 2021 and 2022 model years. The body and graphics can be customized with seven standard colors or further personalized with an extended palette offering endless color combinations for even greater exclusivity.
Deliveries of the 2021 model year Ford GT begin in early 2021, with Ford GT production wrapping up in 2022.
Alcantara is a registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A., Italy.
- First Bronco family adventure concepts show how hundreds of factory-backed accessories make Bronco two-door, four-door and Bronco Sport personalization, performance and off-road utility easy and more affordable
- First of four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations announced; Austin, Texas, location opening in summer 2021 offers an off-roading adventure playground for beginners and expert off-roaders
- As Bronco brand’s extreme demonstration of Built Wild™ DNA, Bronco R returns to the next SCORE Baja 1000; race prototype continues to serve as test bed for Built Wild Capability, Extreme Durability Testing and Innovative Design
- Response to the all-new Bronco has been unprecedented, with record visits to Ford.com and reservations exceeding 165,000 for the two- and four-door models in just three weeks
HOLLY, Mich., Aug. 13, 2020 – In honor of Bronco’s 55th birthday, Ford celebrates the unprecedented response to the all-new Bronco and Bronco Sport rugged SUV models with the reveal of five new adventure concepts showcasing factory-backed accessories that make personalization easier and more affordable. Bronco, Ford’s new outdoor brand, also announces the first Bronco Off-Roadeo location and a return to Baja 1000.
“Our dream for Bronco was not just to design a family of vehicles people would love, but to build a community around people who love to go off-road and get into the wild, who want to customize and personize their Broncos, and share experiences with each other,” said Jim Hackett, Ford president and chief executive officer.
Bronco adventure-inspired concepts
Expanding on the Bronco family’s Built Wild™ innovative design and capability pillars, these five adventure-inspired concepts further highlight the brand’s readiness for customization at launch. Beyond the standard options, there are more than 200 available factory-backed accessories for Bronco two- and four-door models, and more than 100 accessories for Bronco Sport models. Special concept prototypes include:
- Bronco Four-Door Outer Banks Fishing Guide: Purpose-built to support a professional fishing guide along Cape Hatteras National Seashore, this lifestyle concept is based off the regionally inspired four-door Bronco Outer Banks™ series. On top is a Bestop® Sunrider® first-row soft top, factory-style concept roof rails and crossbars, and a Yakima® LockNLoad™ Platform roof rack. The SUV makes use of fender-mounted trail sights to fit a custom-made fishing pole and seat perch to wait for the perfect catch. A Ford Performance modular front bumper and safari bar help push through rugged terrain, while a slide-out tailgate provides a great work surface when repairing fishing rods or stringing up new lures. All-weather floor mats and splash guards round out the package.
- Bronco Two-Door Trail Rig: Designed to be the ultimate hardcore trail rider, this custom build is based on the two-door Badlands™ series. It begins with a Ford Performance modular front bumper, tube doors, beadlock-capable wheels and 40-inch RIGID® LED lightbar. A Ford Performance by WARN® winch helps rescue your lesser-equipped 4×4 friends. On top, factory roof rails are augmented with a Yakima Platform roof rack system with mounts for a shovel, and Ford Performance by WARN recovery kit and recovery boards. Inside are rugged floor mats and a rear swing-gate-mounted table.
- Bronco Sport Trail Rig: For adventurers looking to elevate their off-road trekking in a small, rugged 4×4, the Bronco Sport Trail Rig amps up the Badlands series model by adding 31-inch BFGoodrich™ Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 tires, a one-inch lift kit, plus Ford Performance by RIGID LED off-road lights mounted to a front nudge bar. On top, a Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack and off-road gear mounts are designed to carry gear like a high-lift jack kit, Ford Performance recovery boards and jerry cans.
- Bronco Sport TOW RZR: TOW RZR matches the added passenger comfort and technology features of the Badlands series with towing and cargo accessories to help adventurers haul more outdoor gear. The custom build adds Yakima HD Bar crossbars and OffGrid medium cargo basket and Class II Trailer Tow Package with 2,200 pounds of capacity to tow off-road runners like the all-new Polaris® RZR XP Turbo™, unveiled today as part of the Bronco birthday celebration.
- Bronco Sport Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol: Designed for the upcoming Bronco Off-Roadeo customer adventure playgrounds, this Bronco Sport Badlands build is equipped to assist in the wild with its Yakima LockNLoad Cargo Platform to hold recovery gear like a high-lift jack, recovery boards and jerry cans. A Ford Performance by RIGID off-road LED lightbar also mounts to the rack system. To support one of many Off-Roadeo excursions available, this Bronco Sport is equipped with the interior bike rack from Yakima to hold two mountain bikes. And to record customers’ adventures, it integrates a target to land the drone that will be used on-trail at Off-Roadeo locations.
Austin, Texas, is Bronco’s first Off-Roadeo location
The first of four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations will be in the hill country of Austin, Texas. Opening next summer, the Bronco Off-Roadeo is available to Bronco two- and four-door and Bronco Sport Badlands series owners to get the most adventure out of their rugged SUVs and to build connections to the greater Bronco community. The off-roading and outdoor adventure playgrounds are designed for all skill levels, with experiences that aim to build confidence and inspire Bronco owners to get out in the wild for years to come.
“Getting into the wild is at the core of Bronco brand, and our first Bronco Off-Roadeo location in Austin, Texas, will help fuel Bronco fans’ quests for outdoor adventure,” said Mark Grueber, Bronco brand marketing manager. “At each of our four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations, we want owners and enthusiasts – even those who are off-road novices – to have as much fun as off-road pros and we want to provide them with knowledge and experience to make their future Bronco adventures even greater.”
Go to broncooffroadeo.com to learn more or to sign up.
Bronco R returns to Baja 1000 this fall
Bronco R’s attitude, reflecting the most extreme flavor of Built Wild DNA, is set to return to the SCORE Baja 1000 this year. The race prototype build by Ford Performance and Geiser Performance continues to serve as test bed for the brand’s innovative design, capability and extreme durability testing.
Bronco R leverages the all-new Bronco four-door’s chassis, twin-turbo 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine, 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission and electronic shift-on-the-fly 4×4 transfer case. It features an extreme race version of the high-performance off-road stability suspension with independent front, position-sensitive shocks, end-stop control plus ultra-high-speed desert race tuning. Participation in the brutal off-road competition is part of the Built Wild Extreme Durability testing – a series of demanding tests to ensure all Broncos deliver the highest levels of performance, durability and capability to every owner.
Ford is the Official Truck and SUV of SCORE-International Off-Road Racing and lead sponsor of the SCORE World Desert Challenge Series, which includes the 2019-22 SCORE Baja 1000 races. Ford is also official vehicle of the King of the Hammers ULTRA4 series. Together, they underscore Ford’s commitment to off-road motorsports and serve as a platform to develop the Bronco brand and connect with off-road enthusiasts.
Follow the Bronco R race prototype at Baja and the entire Bronco family on Instagram, @fordbronco.
An unprecedented reveal
Customer response to the reveal of the all-new Bronco rugged SUVs has been unprecedented in Ford history, with more than 165,000 people placing $100 deposits for orders online in the first three weeks and more than 13 million tuning in on television or watching on social media platforms to catch a glimpse of the highly anticipated new models.
Within hours of the July 13 reveal, #FordBronco dominated social media platforms, trending to the top conversation on Twitter in the U.S. As the top Google search request, it helped drive more than 5.4 million visitors in the first 48 hours to the Ford.com website to learn more and place reservations. There have been more than 19.5 million total visitors to date.
By the following day, all of the 2,000 limited-run Bronco Sport First Edition models were spoken for. By the following day, all of the 2,000 limited-run Bronco Sport First Edition models were spoken for. Same for the Bronco two- and four-door First Edition models, which increased production to 7,000 units.
Before you can choose an option we have to understand what each option is.
Financing: With a finance agreement you pay a monthly or bi-weekly amount until the loan you used to originally pay for the car is paid off.
According to Edmunds, the majority of people choose a 72-month term to pay off the loan. You can pick a term as long as 84 months and as short as 36 months. The shorter the term the quicker you own 100 percent equity in your vehicle.
Leasing: A Lease agreement still has you make monthly or bi-weekly payments on a shorter fixed term. You then return the vehicle when that term is over. You are basically only paying for the car’s value you used because of this lease payments are often cheaper.
People typically do a three-year lease but can go as long as 60 months and as short as 24 months. Payments are based on the residual value, basically what the car will be worth at the end of the lease.
So which is better?
To be honest that depends on you and your needs.
If you are looking for lower payments and having the newest models with the latest features then leasing may be your choice.
If owning a vehicle and not being limited to the number of kilometers you can drive per year are a part of your needs then financing may be your choice.
Research is always key in helping you figure out your needs including speaking with your salesperson. At Ken Knapp Ford our salespeople will always take the time to help figure out what option is best for you.
Just by test driving a new vehicle your name will be entered into a draw to win a $1,500 Visa gift card. It is as simple as that!
– Test Drive must happen between Dec 4th to Dec 16th, 2019
– One ballot per person unless otherwise stated
– No purchase necessary
– Must have a valid driver license to enter
But that’s not all! ⬇️
If you choose to drive a 2020 Escape or 2020 Explorer you get two entries for the draw instead of one!
What are you waiting for! Come down to Ken Knapp Ford and test drive a vehicle.
*Draw takes place December 20th, 2019