Posts Tagged ‘Windsor’
Regardless if you just bought a new car from Ken Knapp Ford or if you’ve had your car for a while, everyone can benefit from these car hacks. Enjoy this list of helpful tips our car specialists use and recommend to improve driving experiences.
#1 Gas Cap Side Indicator
Can’t remember what side your gas cap is on? In a new or borrowed car and forgot to look before getting in? You can always check what side the cap is on by using the fuel gauge. Whichever direction the arrow is pointing is the side that the gas cap is on.
#2: Buy a Car Garbage
We know that all of those Tim Horton’s bags and cups are building up in your car. Amazon sells these awesome car garbages to keep your car looking clean and organized. https://www.amazon.ca/High-Road-StashAway-Storage-Pockets/dp/B01NBYS5U9
#3 Use Tooth Paste To Clean Your Headlights
Clear your foggy and hazy headlights using Toothpaste! Simply apply a layer of toothpaste onto your headlights with a toothbrush, rub it in, and then wipe it off using water. This will improve your visibility and the overall appearance of your car.
#4 Buy a Dog Car Seat Cover
Dog hair is a constant struggle for most dog owners. Buying a dog seat cover for your car is the easiest way to keep your fur babies’ hair under control. Amazon sells a bunch of different styles and colours for you to choose from.
#5 Keep Your Food Warm Using Heated Seats
There is nothing worse than picking up McDonalds, Taco Bell or Dominos and it being cold when you get home. If you have heated seats, turn them up as high as they can go and place your take-out on the seat to keep it warm.
- Ford Performance unveils new Ford GT Heritage Edition inspired by the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental, a stylish Frozen White with exposed carbon fiber and Race Red livery that pays homage to the 55th anniversary of the epic race where Ford achieved its first 24-hour endurance win
- Exclusive Ford GT Studio Collection offers even more exclusivity with unique and widely customizable design features in a limited-availability package for only 40 Ford GT supercars slated for production across the 2021 and 2022 model years
- New 2021 Ford GT Heritage Edition and Studio Collection are the pinnacle of Petersen Car Week, which started airing Wednesday on the Petersen Museum’s YouTube channel; highlights include several virtual events featuring 25 hours of original content from manufacturers and enthusiasts, plus automotive lifestyle and auction house activities
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 16, 2020 – The Ford GT is America’s only Le Mans-winning supercar, and taking this pinnacle of Ford Performance even further for 2021, Ford is revealing two new enhancements today – the first-ever Heritage Edition inspired by the original model’s first endurance win at the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental race, plus an all-new Studio Collection package offers even more exclusivity and design enhancements.
“For this Heritage Edition, the Ford Performance team went deeper into the Ford GT’s race history and crafted a limited-edition model that stylistically honors the 55th anniversary of the Daytona 24 Hour endurance race that would eventually lead to our successes at Le Mans,” said Mike Severson, Ford GT program manager. “Plus, for customers who want to highlight the carbon-fiber body and functional cooling ducts that help deliver Le Mans-winning performance, the Ford GT Studio Collection offers another new way GT fans can personalize their supercars.”
The announcement of two new variants of the Ford GT were the highlights at the conclusion of 2020 Petersen Car Week, which started airing Wednesday on the museum’s YouTube channel. The virtual event featured 25 hours of original content from manufacturers and enthusiasts, along with automotive lifestyle and auction house activities.
First-ever Daytona-inspired Ford GT Heritage Edition
The latest Heritage Edition to join the storied Ford GT supercar family is a tribute to the winner of the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental, where Ford achieved its first 24-hour endurance win, which is captured in the 2019 film “Ford v Ferrari” – or “Le Mans ’66,” as it is known in Europe.
Co-drivers Ken Miles and Lloyd Ruby led a 1-2-3-5 Ford domination at Daytona, kicking off a magical season for the Ford GT40 MK II, with additional 1-2-3 wins at Sebring and Le Mans. This Heritage Edition is the first to feature a livery famous for a race other than Le Mans.
“Miles and Ruby led nearly every lap of the 24-hour race and outpaced the competition by 30 miles,” said Severson. “The win was the first time anyone had threatened Ferrari’s dominance in sports car racing and represented a turning point in the Ford GT race program.”
Inspired by the bold white, black and red exterior of the 1966 endurance-winning Ford GT40 MK II race car, the new 2021 Ford GT Heritage Edition features Frozen White exterior paint with exposed carbon fiber hood adding stark contrast. Asymmetrical Race Red accents on the front fascia and roof edge, driver’s side door and underneath the rear wing add distinct visuals, while exposed carbon fiber shapes the signature 98 roundel graphics and speak to the supercar’s lightweight body. Unique Ford graphics on the lower rear-quarter panels plus one-piece Heritage Gold 20-inch forged-aluminum wheels paired with red lacquered Brembo monoblock brake calipers complete this new exterior livery.
Inside, the lightweight driver-centric interior features unique appointments including black Alcantara® suede wrapping the instrument panel, headliner and steering wheel rim, while anodized red paddle shifters and red Alcantara suede performance seats add dramatic contrast to the interior.
For customers looking for an even bolder look, an optional Heritage Upgrade Package includes 20-inch exposed carbon fiber wheels with a unique gloss red-painted inner accent barrel, while monoblock brake calipers are lacquered in black and detailed with Brembo lettering in red. Inside, ghosted 98 roundels provide a subtle contrast on both driver and passenger carbon fiber door panels of this this package.
All-new Ford GT Studio Collection
Ford Performance also pulled the wraps off an exclusive series new to the supercar lineup, the Ford GT Studio Collection. This all-new graphics package with customizable colors highlights key styling elements, including the functional cooling ducts that helps the 2021 Ford GT deliver all 660 horsepower during the most strenuous, high-temperature sessions at the track.
Its unique exterior graphics package was born of a design collaboration between Ford Performance and Ford GT manufacturer, Multimatic. It reflects the input of Garen Nicoghosian, Multimatic design head, who has worked on the Ford GT program since its genesis.
“The combination of the stripes and accents invokes the emotion of speed and draws your eye to some of the most prominent features of the GT,” said Nicoghosian. “The fuselage, buttresses and signature features on the headlights provide visual anchors for the graphics, guiding your eye across the vehicle.”
Only 40 cars are slated to receive the Studio Collection package across the 2021 and 2022 model years. The body and graphics can be customized with seven standard colors or further personalized with an extended palette offering endless color combinations for even greater exclusivity.
Deliveries of the 2021 model year Ford GT begin in early 2021, with Ford GT production wrapping up in 2022.
Alcantara is a registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A., Italy.
- First Bronco family adventure concepts show how hundreds of factory-backed accessories make Bronco two-door, four-door and Bronco Sport personalization, performance and off-road utility easy and more affordable
- First of four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations announced; Austin, Texas, location opening in summer 2021 offers an off-roading adventure playground for beginners and expert off-roaders
- As Bronco brand’s extreme demonstration of Built Wild™ DNA, Bronco R returns to the next SCORE Baja 1000; race prototype continues to serve as test bed for Built Wild Capability, Extreme Durability Testing and Innovative Design
- Response to the all-new Bronco has been unprecedented, with record visits to Ford.com and reservations exceeding 165,000 for the two- and four-door models in just three weeks
HOLLY, Mich., Aug. 13, 2020 – In honor of Bronco’s 55th birthday, Ford celebrates the unprecedented response to the all-new Bronco and Bronco Sport rugged SUV models with the reveal of five new adventure concepts showcasing factory-backed accessories that make personalization easier and more affordable. Bronco, Ford’s new outdoor brand, also announces the first Bronco Off-Roadeo location and a return to Baja 1000.
“Our dream for Bronco was not just to design a family of vehicles people would love, but to build a community around people who love to go off-road and get into the wild, who want to customize and personize their Broncos, and share experiences with each other,” said Jim Hackett, Ford president and chief executive officer.
Bronco adventure-inspired concepts
Expanding on the Bronco family’s Built Wild™ innovative design and capability pillars, these five adventure-inspired concepts further highlight the brand’s readiness for customization at launch. Beyond the standard options, there are more than 200 available factory-backed accessories for Bronco two- and four-door models, and more than 100 accessories for Bronco Sport models. Special concept prototypes include:
- Bronco Four-Door Outer Banks Fishing Guide: Purpose-built to support a professional fishing guide along Cape Hatteras National Seashore, this lifestyle concept is based off the regionally inspired four-door Bronco Outer Banks™ series. On top is a Bestop® Sunrider® first-row soft top, factory-style concept roof rails and crossbars, and a Yakima® LockNLoad™ Platform roof rack. The SUV makes use of fender-mounted trail sights to fit a custom-made fishing pole and seat perch to wait for the perfect catch. A Ford Performance modular front bumper and safari bar help push through rugged terrain, while a slide-out tailgate provides a great work surface when repairing fishing rods or stringing up new lures. All-weather floor mats and splash guards round out the package.
- Bronco Two-Door Trail Rig: Designed to be the ultimate hardcore trail rider, this custom build is based on the two-door Badlands™ series. It begins with a Ford Performance modular front bumper, tube doors, beadlock-capable wheels and 40-inch RIGID® LED lightbar. A Ford Performance by WARN® winch helps rescue your lesser-equipped 4×4 friends. On top, factory roof rails are augmented with a Yakima Platform roof rack system with mounts for a shovel, and Ford Performance by WARN recovery kit and recovery boards. Inside are rugged floor mats and a rear swing-gate-mounted table.
- Bronco Sport Trail Rig: For adventurers looking to elevate their off-road trekking in a small, rugged 4×4, the Bronco Sport Trail Rig amps up the Badlands series model by adding 31-inch BFGoodrich™ Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 tires, a one-inch lift kit, plus Ford Performance by RIGID LED off-road lights mounted to a front nudge bar. On top, a Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack and off-road gear mounts are designed to carry gear like a high-lift jack kit, Ford Performance recovery boards and jerry cans.
- Bronco Sport TOW RZR: TOW RZR matches the added passenger comfort and technology features of the Badlands series with towing and cargo accessories to help adventurers haul more outdoor gear. The custom build adds Yakima HD Bar crossbars and OffGrid medium cargo basket and Class II Trailer Tow Package with 2,200 pounds of capacity to tow off-road runners like the all-new Polaris® RZR XP Turbo™, unveiled today as part of the Bronco birthday celebration.
- Bronco Sport Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol: Designed for the upcoming Bronco Off-Roadeo customer adventure playgrounds, this Bronco Sport Badlands build is equipped to assist in the wild with its Yakima LockNLoad Cargo Platform to hold recovery gear like a high-lift jack, recovery boards and jerry cans. A Ford Performance by RIGID off-road LED lightbar also mounts to the rack system. To support one of many Off-Roadeo excursions available, this Bronco Sport is equipped with the interior bike rack from Yakima to hold two mountain bikes. And to record customers’ adventures, it integrates a target to land the drone that will be used on-trail at Off-Roadeo locations.
Austin, Texas, is Bronco’s first Off-Roadeo location
The first of four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations will be in the hill country of Austin, Texas. Opening next summer, the Bronco Off-Roadeo is available to Bronco two- and four-door and Bronco Sport Badlands series owners to get the most adventure out of their rugged SUVs and to build connections to the greater Bronco community. The off-roading and outdoor adventure playgrounds are designed for all skill levels, with experiences that aim to build confidence and inspire Bronco owners to get out in the wild for years to come.
“Getting into the wild is at the core of Bronco brand, and our first Bronco Off-Roadeo location in Austin, Texas, will help fuel Bronco fans’ quests for outdoor adventure,” said Mark Grueber, Bronco brand marketing manager. “At each of our four Bronco Off-Roadeo locations, we want owners and enthusiasts – even those who are off-road novices – to have as much fun as off-road pros and we want to provide them with knowledge and experience to make their future Bronco adventures even greater.”
Go to broncooffroadeo.com to learn more or to sign up.
Bronco R returns to Baja 1000 this fall
Bronco R’s attitude, reflecting the most extreme flavor of Built Wild DNA, is set to return to the SCORE Baja 1000 this year. The race prototype build by Ford Performance and Geiser Performance continues to serve as test bed for the brand’s innovative design, capability and extreme durability testing.
Bronco R leverages the all-new Bronco four-door’s chassis, twin-turbo 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine, 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission and electronic shift-on-the-fly 4×4 transfer case. It features an extreme race version of the high-performance off-road stability suspension with independent front, position-sensitive shocks, end-stop control plus ultra-high-speed desert race tuning. Participation in the brutal off-road competition is part of the Built Wild Extreme Durability testing – a series of demanding tests to ensure all Broncos deliver the highest levels of performance, durability and capability to every owner.
Ford is the Official Truck and SUV of SCORE-International Off-Road Racing and lead sponsor of the SCORE World Desert Challenge Series, which includes the 2019-22 SCORE Baja 1000 races. Ford is also official vehicle of the King of the Hammers ULTRA4 series. Together, they underscore Ford’s commitment to off-road motorsports and serve as a platform to develop the Bronco brand and connect with off-road enthusiasts.
Follow the Bronco R race prototype at Baja and the entire Bronco family on Instagram, @fordbronco.
An unprecedented reveal
Customer response to the reveal of the all-new Bronco rugged SUVs has been unprecedented in Ford history, with more than 165,000 people placing $100 deposits for orders online in the first three weeks and more than 13 million tuning in on television or watching on social media platforms to catch a glimpse of the highly anticipated new models.
Within hours of the July 13 reveal, #FordBronco dominated social media platforms, trending to the top conversation on Twitter in the U.S. As the top Google search request, it helped drive more than 5.4 million visitors in the first 48 hours to the Ford.com website to learn more and place reservations. There have been more than 19.5 million total visitors to date.
By the following day, all of the 2,000 limited-run Bronco Sport First Edition models were spoken for. By the following day, all of the 2,000 limited-run Bronco Sport First Edition models were spoken for. Same for the Bronco two- and four-door First Edition models, which increased production to 7,000 units.
Before you can choose an option we have to understand what each option is.
Financing: With a finance agreement you pay a monthly or bi-weekly amount until the loan you used to originally pay for the car is paid off.
According to Edmunds, the majority of people choose a 72-month term to pay off the loan. You can pick a term as long as 84 months and as short as 36 months. The shorter the term the quicker you own 100 percent equity in your vehicle.
Leasing: A Lease agreement still has you make monthly or bi-weekly payments on a shorter fixed term. You then return the vehicle when that term is over. You are basically only paying for the car’s value you used because of this lease payments are often cheaper.
People typically do a three-year lease but can go as long as 60 months and as short as 24 months. Payments are based on the residual value, basically what the car will be worth at the end of the lease.
So which is better?
To be honest that depends on you and your needs.
If you are looking for lower payments and having the newest models with the latest features then leasing may be your choice.
If owning a vehicle and not being limited to the number of kilometers you can drive per year are a part of your needs then financing may be your choice.
Research is always key in helping you figure out your needs including speaking with your salesperson. At Ken Knapp Ford our salespeople will always take the time to help figure out what option is best for you.
Just by test driving a new vehicle your name will be entered into a draw to win a $1,500 Visa gift card. It is as simple as that!
– Test Drive must happen between Dec 4th to Dec 16th, 2019
– One ballot per person unless otherwise stated
– No purchase necessary
– Must have a valid driver license to enter
But that’s not all! ⬇️
If you choose to drive a 2020 Escape or 2020 Explorer you get two entries for the draw instead of one!
What are you waiting for! Come down to Ken Knapp Ford and test drive a vehicle.
*Draw takes place December 20th, 2019
- All-new 7.3-litre engine in Super Duty pickup cranks out best-in-class gas V8 output of 430 horsepower and best-in-class gas torque of 475 ft.-lb.
- The 7.3-litre engine is paired with the all-new 10-speed heavy-duty TorqShift® transmission on Super Duty pickups and is designed for robust power, long-term durability and ease of service that truck owners demand in both personal and business applications
- Windsor-built engine will be an option on 2020 F-Series Super Duty pickup, standard on F-550, F-600, F-650 and F-750 Medium Duty trucks and E-Series, as well as F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis
WINDSOR, Ont, Aug. 1, 2019 – Ford F-Series, America’s best-selling truck for 42 years, is once again raising the bar for capability with its all-new 7.3-litre V8 gasoline engine. The 7.3-litre engine in Super Duty pickup cranks out best-in-class gas V8 output of 430 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and best-in-class torque of 475 ft.-lb. at 4,000 rpm.
No other competitor provides such a powerful and advanced gasoline engine in such a broad range of offerings – from Class 2 Super Duty pickups through Class 7 commercial trucks.
“The 7.3-litre is designed for maximum durability in the harshest environments given that our customers live and work in these conditions every day,” said Joel Beltramo, Ford manager for gas V8 engines. “This engine has the largest displacement in its class and is designed to provide benefits in key areas like power, durability, ease of maintenance and total operating costs.”
Based on decades of commercial engine experience, the 7.3-litre V8 delivers class-leading performance in a compact package. The 7.3-litre V8 features an overhead valve architecture that generates power low in the rev range to help get heavier loads moving sooner and with greater confidence. It also features a variable-displacement oil pump, extra-large main bearings, forged steel crankshaft for durability, and piston cooling jets to help manage temperatures under heavy load.
The all-new 7.3-litre will be available first in Super Duty F-250 and F-350 pickup models. It joins the 6.2-litre V8 gas engine in Super Duty’s lineup, along with the upgraded third-generation 6.7-litre Power Stroke® diesel V8. Additional power and capability numbers, including Super Duty towing and payload ratings as well as power numbers for the upgraded 6.7-litre Power Stroke diesel will be announced later this year.
A dyno-certified version of the 7.3-litre V8 producing 350 horsepower at 3,900 rpm and 468 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,900 rpm will be standard on F-450 chassis cab, F-550, the new F-600, F-650 and F-750 Medium Duty trucks, and F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis models. The upgraded E-Series will also feature the 7.3-litre V8. An optional calibration intended to help customers reduce their fuel consumption will also be offered; more information will be made available at a later date.
The 7.3-litre engine is paired with the all-new Ford-designed and Ford-built 10-speed heavy-duty TorqShift® automatic transmission on all models except F-650 and F-750, which retain the heavy-duty 6-speed.